Albert & Associates Architects returned Columbia High School, a 1937 small-town school, internationally published when complete, to working condition. The exterior was restored, including recreating double-hung sash and steel entry doors. A new central courtyard was created in a former service yard, onto which opens the reoriented cafeteria and a two-level addition to the 1937 structure. The addition serves as both primary building entry and passageway between original classrooms and new classrooms inserted into the abandoned gymnasium. It also serves as a light well for the newly-located library. The second floor was removed at the original entry to create a new two-level space, and corridors and classrooms returned to original condition.