The church sits behind a live oak lined block on a prominent Hattiesburg thoroughfare, directly adjacent to the University of Southern Mississippi. Aesthetically, the church desired an addition that complimented both the original colonial-style 1950’s chapel as well as late 1970’s contemporary-style sanctuary. Functionally, the church, which houses a full time daycare, stipulated that they would need to continue operating the daycare as well as using their existing fellowship and classroom spaces during construction. The overlying design intent focused on reorganizing and centralizing the traffic flow through the building for increased cohesiveness and safety. A final design was reached that called for the new construction of approximately 80,000 square feet broken up into three distinct masses: a prominent, centralized entry (which the facility had been lacking before), a multi-purpose event space with full kitchen, and a three-story classroom tower. The scope also included the renovation of the original 1950’s chapel.