Upon establishing the Mississippi School of the Arts High School, the State of Mississippi decided that the new school’s facilities would be located on the Historic Landmark site of the Whitworth College in Brookhaven, Mississippi. An emergency stabilization project was immediately launched to save several buildings, including the 1920 Y-Hut. Also in a dilapidated state, it was renovated with respect to the 1920 condition to house the administrative staff. In 2003, the renovations for the Mississippi School of the Arts were complete and they were opened to house educational and administrative spaces for the new campus.

 

1/3

Y-Hut

Mississippi School of the Arts

Copyright Albert & Robinson Architects, PLLC   |  514 Main Street, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401  |  601.544.1970